Go with Your Gut or Back Off
4:30 AM alarm sounded awful as always.
We stayed at a lodge last night and it was fantastic. We had around 5 hours of sleeping, which just like I said earlier. We only need enough sleep to stay awake. I brushed my teeth and put on my jacket. I'm ready.
Not every plan goes as the plan.
Google always gives you the shortest route to your destination. It sounds perfect, right? However, many times, Google doesn't know the condition of the route. The route Google gave us was unpaved route to 630 and we can get to Million Dollars Highway as our next destination.
At 630, we were following a jeep but then the jeep stop and turned back.
We asked the driver for the advice if we want to keep going.
"You can go if you have gut." the driver said.
That was challenging. We looked on the route and stayed positive. We decided to go head and if we feel something not right, we will just turn back.
Not so long after we passed the first Jeep. The second Jeep came.
We stop to ask the driver.
"No, you guys should not go. The snow mades the route very dangerous."
It would be less than 10 miles to go through the mountain. However, if you decided to go an alternate route, it would take 75 miles, or 2 hours of driving.
Let's go back. We rather have a safe trip than a dangerous trip.
We decided to turn our cars back.
However, we got out from the car to get some beautiful pictures of Yellow Mountain North.
We faced another giant this morning, Mears Peak. I set the camera got up and put time-lapse on and BACK TO THE CAR.
IT WAS FREAKING COLD!